Tuesday, September 5, 2017

First Day of School, BOM Update too!

Today was the first day of school and as I sat outside this morning drinking my coffee watching my dogs putter around the yard, I felt a new sense of liberation. As the school bus drove by I felt justified in my decision to quit my Media Clerk job at school last year to design full time. I'm truly at peace with it and am loving my new role. I still get up at the crack of dawn and have my coffee, I still put in long 'work' days... but guess what... I'm loving it. I smile more, I sleep better and I'm taking time to enjoy the little things. I am very fortunate to be able to chase my passion, quilting and share it with all of you. While enjoying my coffee it occurred to me that not everyone may be caught up with their Quilt Doodle BOM 2017. With this on my mind I thought it might be helpful if I put together a list of what should be done so far. That way if you need to fill in a 'gap' you know what you are looking for and missing. Sorta like a school supply list!

January - Supply List, Dresden Blocks Cat and Pig
February - Dresden Blocks Dog and Chicken
March- Dresden Blocks Washday (clothesline) and Pie
April - Dresden Blocks Mixing Bowl and Purple Cow
May - Dresden Blocks Angel Food Cake and Lilacs
June - Dresden Blocks Butterfly and Lucky the Pony
July - Blocks set on Point, Sewing Machine and Little House
August - Blocks set on Point, Canning Jar and Tractor
September - Block set on Point (only one block this month) Watering Can
October - Block set on Point (only one block) To be revealed October 1st
November- sewing the blocks together adding borders
December - quilting and binding


All of the past patterns can be found in my Etsy and Craftsy stores. This months block and supply list can be found on my website. 

I'm also having a Back To School Sale on tea towels in my Etsy Shop!
20% off! Grab your tea towels now at a great discount and start your holiday projects!

Have a wonderful day!
Happy back to school everyone!
Cindy

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for showing all the blocks this far. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you in chasing that passion! I retired from teaching last year and only had a twinge of sadness on the first day of school. I'm teaching a couple of classes online now, so I can relax and enjoy that first cup of coffee on the porch in the morning instead of in the car on the way to school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the first BOM ever that I've been able to keep up with, I think its because its so darn cute and dresdens are my favorite block to make. Thanks so much for sharing your talent and design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't keep up, but I look forward to seeing those who did! It's adorable, and I hope to complete a top in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Que maravilla Cindy, poder hacer lo que más amamos y disfrutar de la vida en toda su extensión. Gracias por compartirnos este BOM. Es uno de los pocos con los que me he mantenido al día. Pronto te compartiré todas mis fotos. Recibe un fuerte abrazo desde Venezuela

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a little behind so am now just downloaded August. It says on your list on point but the pattern doesn't tell what that means. There also isn't any instructions included for assembly like the others. Please let me know how to get back to the instructions for August and September. Thank you..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome blog, i always enjoy & read the post you are sharing!
    Thank for your very good article...!
    ตารางคะแนนบุนเดสลีกา

    ReplyDelete